Thread: The Circle Era
View Single Post

Old 05-11-2016, 12:30 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
Wow, surprised that Becky hasn't put a post up with 'I don't like The Circle'
Give me time, dammit. I have a job you know! Some of us have to work for for the working man! LOL

We Weren't Born To Follow (sucks most of all because it will be played forevermore)
When We Were Beautiful (cinematic and beautiful)
Work For The Working Man (I'm one of the few people who kind of likes this song. I don't feel like you have to live through something to be able to be empathetic towards it and I like the line about they took my ID because to so many people their job is such an integral part of their identity so I though that was pretty deep)
Superman Tonight (Actually quite like this song and enjoy hearing it on Sirius every once in a while)
Bullet (sucks)
Thorn In My Side (sucks)
Live Before You Die (sucks)
Brokenpromiseland (sucks)
Love's The Only Rule (like this one quite a bit)
Happy Now (would be the suckiest of them all but I will probably never have to hear it again unlike WWBTF)
Learn To Love (Okay, in an album full of sucks it's pretty good by comparison).

The most disappointing part of The Circle era to me is that it's the last time I got to see the band live. I was having medical issues during the WAN tour so I missed the Nashville show and I had just had surgery when they played Little Rock so I missed that one too. So while I enjoyed those shows because Bon Jovi has never put on a bad show when I saw them, it sure would be a buzzkill if the last time I saw the band live (and it was without Richie even then) was on THIS tour. Thankfully most of the Circle songs had already been thrown out of the set list by the time I saw them anyway.