View Single Post

Old 12-17-2019, 07:26 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Radio edits are done because your average radio listener isn't willing to listen to a song of 5 minutes. 3:45 has been deemed the ideal length of a single on the radio and Bon Jovi carefully builds a lot of its songs around that songlength. A longer song on the radio often means people get bored of it and switch channels, thus radio channels losing advertising income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Bendelow View Post
I'll see if I can find it.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
I'm sorry, but I don't think you will. The edit only appears on a few advanced copies of the CD single. There weren't many of them in circulation back then and advance copies rarely show up on eBay. I couldn't find any of them when I was in Japan either. I've no idea how much of a collector you are but it's the one with the purple sticker on the back cover.

I think it's been 10 years since I've listened to it but I believe the the edit has no repetition of the chorus in the end and the fade out shows up sooner. I think it's running time is something like 3:25 but it's been ages since I listened to it. As far as I'm concerned this song couldn't last short enough with it's whiny chorus and overproduced crunchy Creed-like guitars.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan