View Single Post

Old 07-25-2020, 04:14 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
I'm not so sure.

Everyone who's bought tickets for these shows has done it online. They're all registered. All Ticketmaster has to do is send an e-mail with a voucher or something. People were promised an album if they bought a ticket. They bought the ticket, if the organizer then cancels the show they're still supposed to get the album.

Let's say you buy a new phone and get a free VR Headset with it. The phone doesn't work and the phone company gives you a refund. You won't have to send the VR Headset back either.

To make things even more complicated; let's say you get a free concert ticket if you buy the album. You don't give a shit for that album but wind up buying it anyway to get that free concert ticket. Then the show gets cancelled.

Depending on what laws work where you might be entitled to a refund on your purchase because the basics of the deal have changed. If the phone company can't deliver the VR headset it'd work the same way and you'd be entitled to a refund as well.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
But surely if everyone has been refunded no one has paid for a ticket and therefore no one has paid for the album. The record company aren't going to send out the CDs for Free, even for a chart placing, and I'm pretty sure that if the CDs are supplied for Free then it's classed as promotional use and can also not be counted for the charts. With the ticket bundle the price of CD is incorporated into the ticket price.

Or maybe I'm missing something?

What they could so is email everyone that had a ticket with a link to buy the album at a reduced price?

Last edited by Thinny; 07-25-2020 at 04:17 PM..