View Single Post

Old 06-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Jovi FANatic

If it wasn't for the In These Arms solo, I would have no problem with Bobby... or even really notice he is there... except he has excellent taste in guitars. I will watch what guitar he is playing, not noticing really how he plays it (again, except the ITA solo).

I don't know who really makes they call on who gets what solo, but for crying out loud, Richie Sambora is one of the best guitarists of all time (and my personal favorite). Yeah, he might have gotten a little lazy here and there. Yes, he may get drunk and botch Wanted. But even when he messes up a solo it is far better than Bobby's ITA solo.

I tend to agree with the theory that Jon kept Bobby on the Circle tour in the case that Richie's physical and psychological condition started going downhill. Think about it. Jon has proven that he is "the show must go on" type of guy. If Richie was unable to go on stage an hour before the show, the show could go on with Bobby. I imagine it is also why we have seen Jon play more and more solos lately. It would be a safe, short set, but it would due until they were able to get a Phil X type of replacement.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...