View Single Post

Old 06-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce442 View Post
I don't know who really makes they call on who gets what solo, but for crying out loud, Richie Sambora is one of the best guitarists of all time (and my personal favorite). Yeah, he might have gotten a little lazy here and there. Yes, he may get drunk and botch Wanted. But even when he messes up a solo it is far better than Bobby's ITA solo.

I tend to agree with the theory that Jon kept Bobby on the Circle tour in the case that Richie's physical and psychological condition started going downhill. Think about it. Jon has proven that he is "the show must go on" type of guy. If Richie was unable to go on stage an hour before the show, the show could go on with Bobby. I imagine it is also why we have seen Jon play more and more solos lately. It would be a safe, short set, but it would due until they were able to get a Phil X type of replacement.

Don't think he's one of the best of all time. One of the coolest and one my faves yeah, but he's far from being all time greatest.

He's also a mess. Think all the partying has caught up with him. you wonder how he actually lives; does he wake up and need a drink? Does he abstain for four weeks at a time then have a three day binge.

It's sad. 53, all the money in the world and nobody to come home to cause you've ****ed up so bad on booze and god knows what else.

As for Bobby, as a guitarist speaking, it would be a great luxury to have someone like him filling in for me as I'm singer AND guitarist. I guess he's there because Sambo has become a liability and his vocals are shot live!

Last edited by sambos apprentice; 06-15-2012 at 12:22 PM..