View Single Post

Old 06-15-2012, 03:50 PM
It's my post

Bobby is a fine RHYTHM guitarist. Why he gets solos (while long time band members like TICO OR DAVE rarely or never get solos at all is silly to me. But you only ever hear him when he's botching solos.

Take a look at the solo during It's My Life. There's a great rhythm guitar part that really fills out the sound there. Can you hear that live, despite the fact that there's a rhythm guitarist? No. You cannot.

I don't mind Bobby being there. If he actually played rhythm guitar parts (and NO SOLOS), and you could hear his chords, then it wouldn't be bad. But he doesn't. He tries to play parts that he can't play, and they sound like crap. It compromises the sound of the band.

If anything, Jon should play electric guitar more. He's not a bad guitarist at all. He's gotten better. There's plenty of songs that he plays acoustic on (ie Born to Follow and Last Man Standing) that could benefit from another electric guitar.

I understand Jon is trying to help out Bobby, but like Seb said, just give him the money. He has the money. I understand he's trying to help out a close friend, but this isn't a family owned pizzeria or construction business. This is a PROFESSIONAL ROCK BAND.