Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

The last tour

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 06-13-2021, 12:49 PM
JoviForever's Avatar
JoviForever JoviForever is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 2,207
Default

I wouldnít be sorry if there was never another. Jon is destroying his legacy as his voice is shot and there seems to be more musicians on stage with every tour. This stopped being Bon Jovi along time ago!😢
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 06-13-2021, 01:05 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 6,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviForever View Post
I wouldn’t be sorry if there was never another. Jon is destroying his legacy as his voice is shot and there seems to be more musicians on stage with every tour. This stopped being Bon Jovi along time ago!��
More musicians and less musicality. The Jovi paradox
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-13-2021, 01:31 PM
rolo_tomachi rolo_tomachi is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 19 Aug 2009
Gender: male
Posts: 5,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviForever View Post
I wouldn’t be sorry if there was never another. Jon is destroying his legacy as his voice is shot and there seems to be more musicians on stage with every tour. This stopped being Bon Jovi along time ago!��
Well, in that matter I have another perspective of seeing it. For me it is enjoying extra time, and I hope it lasts for many years. I would like to see an old Jon like Willy Nelson with his guitar, throwing records and although Bon Jovi shows have turned to crap, every once in a while the guy can still put out some good gust.

Jon change on the band concept many years ago, so I am not going to shout to the sky now, I just want to enjoy this extra time that he is giving us.

I've listened to Bon Jovi since my childhood, and I've been a huge fan since my teens, I've grown up listening to every damn record. I will tell you a little anecdote, when I was in high school, I was already a fan of the band, and we (the class) talked about all the music that we liked ... then the years passed and I lost contact with my classmates, as it is logical, and each one took his way. In 2016, Bon Jovi released THINFS single, that summer, I ran into one of my classmates (20 years later), and he told me that he heard the new Bon Jovi song on the radio, which he liked, and he told me that every time BJ released a new song, he always remembered me, and he remember back days in high school, I talking about the band and their records.


I can only add that it has been worth following the path, despite the potholes, despite the fact that the last few years have not been totally to my liking. I still find some enjoyable songs on their current albums. If I have to end date all this (BON JOVI), I want it to be a distant date.

I don't like the way Jon is carrying his brand but that's another story. I know that the sunset of Bon Jovi is beginning, I just wish that sunset lasted until 2034.
__________________
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XLFD8AK0YYe8YudV<img src=images/smilies/new_alien.gif border=0 alt= title=#alien class=inlineimg />TTabPS7PKGMNKb

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-13-2021 at 04:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-13-2021, 05:44 PM
nikos greece's Avatar
nikos greece nikos greece is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 07 Jan 2009
Location: athens,greece
Gender: male
Posts: 1,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Well, in that matter I have another perspective of seeing it. For me it is enjoying extra time, and I hope it lasts for many years. I would like to see an old Jon like Willy Nelson with his guitar, throwing records and although Bon Jovi shows have turned to crap, every once in a while the guy can still put out some good gust.

Jon change on the band concept many years ago, so I am not going to shout to the sky now, I just want to enjoy this extra time that he is giving us.

I've listened to Bon Jovi since my childhood, and I've been a huge fan since my teens, I've grown up listening to every damn record. I will tell you a little anecdote, when I was in high school, I was already a fan of the band, and we (the class) talked about all the music that we liked ... then the years passed and I lost contact with my classmates, as it is logical, and each one took his way. In 2016, Bon Jovi released THINFS single, that summer, I ran into one of my classmates (20 years later), and he told me that he heard the new Bon Jovi song on the radio, which he liked, and he told me that every time BJ released a new song, he always remembered me, and he remember back days in high school, I talking about the band and their records.


I can only add that it has been worth following the path, despite the potholes, despite the fact that the last few years have not been totally to my liking. I still find some enjoyable songs on their current albums. If I have to end date all this (BON JOVI), I want it to be a distant date.

I don't like the way Jon is carrying his brand but that's another story. I know that the sunset of Bon Jovi is beginning, I just wish that sunset lasted until 2034.
totally agree...nicely put, the same thing happens to me ..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-13-2021, 06:31 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 12,579
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Well, in that matter I have another perspective of seeing it. For me it is enjoying extra time, and I hope it lasts for many years. I would like to see an old Jon like Willy Nelson with his guitar, throwing records and although Bon Jovi shows have turned to crap, every once in a while the guy can still put out some good gust.

Jon change on the band concept many years ago, so I am not going to shout to the sky now, I just want to enjoy this extra time that he is giving us.

I've listened to Bon Jovi since my childhood, and I've been a huge fan since my teens, I've grown up listening to every damn record. I will tell you a little anecdote, when I was in high school, I was already a fan of the band, and we (the class) talked about all the music that we liked ... then the years passed and I lost contact with my classmates, as it is logical, and each one took his way. In 2016, Bon Jovi released THINFS single, that summer, I ran into one of my classmates (20 years later), and he told me that he heard the new Bon Jovi song on the radio, which he liked, and he told me that every time BJ released a new song, he always remembered me, and he remember back days in high school, I talking about the band and their records.


I can only add that it has been worth following the path, despite the potholes, despite the fact that the last few years have not been totally to my liking. I still find some enjoyable songs on their current albums. If I have to end date all this (BON JOVI), I want it to be a distant date.

I don't like the way Jon is carrying his brand but that's another story. I know that the sunset of Bon Jovi is beginning, I just wish that sunset lasted until 2034.
The amount of time you've spent shitting on the last few albums and how Richie's solo stuff is going to be better....this honestly surprised me you feel this way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-13-2021, 07:08 PM
steel_horse75's Avatar
steel_horse75 steel_horse75 is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 29 May 2007
Location: Klopp Army
Age: 46
Gender: male
Posts: 5,275
Default The last tour

Jon in 2034? His voice is pants now.
I agree with the extra time statement as bands donít normally go on this long.
Iím not going to anymore shows unless Richie comes back for one last hurrah.
This version of the band isnít for me. The music, awful live vocal performances and the stage full of different people. Nah.
Iím done with the band now in terms of new music and gigs. I donít even watch any new clips anymore for longer than 10 secs. I hear the vocals then turn off.
Shame as we know what they were like in the glory years. I get that bands change/evolve and thereís nothing wrong with saying you donít like the new direction of a band youíve followed.
All things come to an end but Jonís dragging this out for a few more years. If people are happy with Jbj is hot hats and pinnys then heíll rinse these people a bit longer.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Last edited by steel_horse75; 06-13-2021 at 07:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-13-2021, 07:23 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is online now
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,155
Post

It all depends how you define the band. To me the core of band sound was Jon and Richie. Tico and Dave too, but to a lesser extent. Personally, I feel that without Richie it isn't the same band anymore. If it was my choice, I would have ended the band when Richie left and have Jon continue as a solo artist.

However, that was never going to happen and I have no doubt that Jon will continue if either/both Dave and/or Tico decide to call it a day and still call it Bon Jovi.

Personally, I feel like he can't carry on for a huge amount of time as a live act due to his rapidly declining vocals. He could still make records (again, preferabley as JBJ not BJ) but I can't see how he can tour for another 10+ years.

In a perfect world, one last farewell tour once he can play to full arenas again and I really think it should be left there as far as the "band" goes.
__________________
Thinny
https://www.last.fm/user/Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-13-2021, 07:45 PM
rolo_tomachi rolo_tomachi is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 19 Aug 2009
Gender: male
Posts: 5,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The amount of time you've spent shitting on the last few albums and how Richie's solo stuff is going to be better....this honestly surprised me you feel this way.
Just because his latest albums look like shit to me doesn't mean I want to see him stop.

I have the same love for Richie. I'm a realist, Sambora will never release a better album than SITT, but I don't care, I embrace her new music, some things I like, others I don't. It's not so cool to see him live anymore, but I still want he to keep making solo records. 10 years ago it was more demanding, but it was a different scenario, now they are 60 years old, and expectations change.

I also have that feeling with other bands. Just that Bon Jovi was always my favorite band, it may not be the best of the planet, but it is the one that touched me the most. I don't think there is a contradiction in my words. I can shit on a song like Because We Can or Sugar Daddy, but that doesn't mean I want the trip to end. I'm not Mom Soccer Jerry, I don't like everything they do, I even hate some bad decisions to death, but hey, they are artists, more of 30 years in the bussiness, they do what they want... and we decided if buy their shit or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
I’m not going to anymore shows unless Richie comes back for one last hurrah.
When Richie left The BWC Tour, I gave away my tickets 4 days before the show in Madrid '13. Since then I haven't even considered going to one of his concerts.
__________________
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XLFD8AK0YYe8YudV<img src=images/smilies/new_alien.gif border=0 alt= title=#alien class=inlineimg />TTabPS7PKGMNKb

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-13-2021 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-13-2021, 08:16 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 12,579
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Just because his latest albums look like shit to me doesn't mean I want to see him stop.

I have the same love for Richie. I'm a realist, Sambora will never release a better album than SITT, but I don't care, I embrace her new music, some things I like, others I don't. It's not so cool to see him live anymore, but I still want he to keep making solo records. 10 years ago it was more demanding, but it was a different scenario, now they are 60 years old, and expectations change.

I also have that feeling with other bands. Just that Bon Jovi was always my favorite band, it may not be the best of the planet, but it is the one that touched me the most. I don't think there is a contradiction in my words. I can shit on a song like Because We Can or Sugar Daddy, but that doesn't mean I want the trip to end. I'm not Mom Soccer Jerry, I don't like everything they do, I even hate some bad decisions to death, but hey, they are artists, more of 30 years in the bussiness, they do what they want... and we decided if buy their shit or not.



When Richie left The BWC Tour, I gave away my tickets 4 days before the show in Madrid '13. Since then I haven't even considered going to one of his concerts.
I get it but I also don't. "I don't like who they currently are and the albums are terrible" and ALSO "they should go on for another 13 years" are two very different opinions. I guess when you love a band that much it's tough to walk away from. THAT I get.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-13-2021, 08:56 PM
rolo_tomachi rolo_tomachi is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 19 Aug 2009
Gender: male
Posts: 5,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I get it but I also don't. "I don't like who they currently are and the albums are terrible" and ALSO "they should go on for another 13 years" are two very different opinions. I guess when you love a band that much it's tough to walk away from. THAT I get.
When you love a band so much, I guess you still have the feeling that they can do something great at some point. That's why I want them to keep trying until 2034.

I've always said it, for me, Bon Jovi already had some of these problems since 2000. Albums that I don't quite like, but in them, I always find some great songs. The tours were a great incentive until Richie left and Jon lost his voice. But it's not all about live music.

That Bon Jovi to continue the journey for about 13 years, it will be more interesting than stopping the train in a couple of years.

Imagine that they had separated in 2014. We would not have BB, neither THINFS and 2020. I know, they are not great albums, but there is a good sum of songs that I like, some of them interesting, and that I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy. Today. You can also see it as a trip where we discover unreleased songs, I think we all agree that we would like them to open the vaults, right? some things would be old, and others more recent. You just have to look at the wild enthusiasm that many here have for Mona Lisa, a rather ordinary random song that we have never heard in its fullness, or the diamond in the rough for many, Cadillac Man, be it a live version or a demo. Would be like finding a chest of gold coins. However, many ignore the songs from the latest albums, maybe they are not Dry County or Living on a Prayer, but some of them are better than other albums. If Bon Jovi had stopped in 2014, and now, someone leaks samples or some of the latest songs, I'm sure yourselves would go crazy.

In short, I want to keep hearing things that I have never heard before. I want Jon to keep trying to release a good album. I want a return from Richie to this band, damn, I want this to stay alive forever, no matter what.


It's kind of like what David said on WWWB, it's not terrible enough to leave, and it's acceptable enough to stay.
Just imagining old Jon in 2030 making music... would be comforting to me, like Kenny Rogers in The Gambler.

.
__________________
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XLFD8AK0YYe8YudV<img src=images/smilies/new_alien.gif border=0 alt= title=#alien class=inlineimg />TTabPS7PKGMNKb

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-13-2021 at 09:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.