Thread: The last tour
View Single Post

Old 06-13-2021, 08:56 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I get it but I also don't. "I don't like who they currently are and the albums are terrible" and ALSO "they should go on for another 13 years" are two very different opinions. I guess when you love a band that much it's tough to walk away from. THAT I get.
When you love a band so much, I guess you still have the feeling that they can do something great at some point. That's why I want them to keep trying until 2034.

I've always said it, for me, Bon Jovi already had some of these problems since 2000. Albums that I don't quite like, but in them, I always find some great songs. The tours were a great incentive until Richie left and Jon lost his voice. But it's not all about live music.

That Bon Jovi to continue the journey for about 13 years, it will be more interesting than stopping the train in a couple of years.

Imagine that they had separated in 2014. We would not have BB, neither THINFS and 2020. I know, they are not great albums, but there is a good sum of songs that I like, some of them interesting, and that I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy. Today. You can also see it as a trip where we discover unreleased songs, I think we all agree that we would like them to open the vaults, right? some things would be old, and others more recent. You just have to look at the wild enthusiasm that many here have for Mona Lisa, a rather ordinary random song that we have never heard in its fullness, or the diamond in the rough for many, Cadillac Man, be it a live version or a demo. Would be like finding a chest of gold coins. However, many ignore the songs from the latest albums, maybe they are not Dry County or Living on a Prayer, but some of them are better than other albums. If Bon Jovi had stopped in 2014, and now, someone leaks samples or some of the latest songs, I'm sure yourselves would go crazy.

In short, I want to keep hearing things that I have never heard before. I want Jon to keep trying to release a good album. I want a return from Richie to this band, damn, I want this to stay alive forever, no matter what.

It's kind of like what David said on WWWB, it's not terrible enough to leave, and it's acceptable enough to stay.
Just imagining old Jon in 2030 making music... would be comforting to me, like Kenny Rogers in The Gambler.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-13-2021 at 09:18 PM..