Thread: The last tour
View Single Post

Old 06-14-2021, 06:37 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Personally, I'm worried whether Jon will even be alive in 13 years anymore. His voice definitely sounds like a smoker's one, he was last busted smoking by a fan in Dublin 2019 (saw a comment on FB), and as far as I remember reading from here at some point, he was already "secretly" smoking in 1985. It's been a disaster waiting to happen for a long time, but now that even his speaking voice has already suffered heavily and he can no longer sing at all, I'm afraid there are 2 ways out for him - either he dies relatively young from lung-based complications, or spends the last years of his life with a stoma or an oxygen tank.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that he will downright have to end his career within the next 5-6 years.
I think it's a little much that he could be dead in 13 years but I don't know much about lung based complications. I don't think he'll be dead but he's not going to be on the road at the rate he's at.

As for Rolo's comparison to the Beatles, it's a real tough era comparison. They money generated by studio albums from the 60s until the late 90s is STAGGERING in comparison to say the least. If it doesn't have the ability to even break even, I don't see labels caring enough, I don't see JBJ caring enough. Would love for him to prove us wrong on that, of course. But if creativity and giving fans good product were in the realm of possibility, the NJ re-release would have been followed by the other albums.