Thread: The last tour
View Single Post

Old 06-14-2021, 08:19 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
I think we also forget that Jon's idea of a rock song or rock album in 2021 is vastly different to what our idea is. In fact, his idea has been drastically different argubaly since 2000. Have A Nice Day is considered by many to be a Bon Jovi rock record. If that's what a rock record is, it will be a hard pass from me.

Even if Jon went rock, what do we think we would get? It would be just a different shade of shit, but still shit.
Last Man Standing, Dirty Little Secret, Hook Me Up, God Bless This Mess, We Don't Run, When We Were US, Thorn In My side, Who Would You Die For...

I am not asking for a return to the eighties. Just instead of making an album with a lot of slow and pop songs, choose more songs focused on Rock. Bon Jovi was never Metallica or Guns N Roses, but their albums felt energetic because there was a good flow. They just need the songs to have a good riff and be driven more by the guitar.

But I suppose that as long as they can release a couple of songs of this style on every album, I could settle, but the album, it would feel weak again, like everything they have done in the last decades.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-14-2021 at 08:22 PM..