Thread: The last tour
View Single Post

Old 06-14-2021, 08:27 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
I think Jon being dead in 13 years is a bit overboard. I mean, yeah, he might. Whether it's from lung complications or not is a bit sceptical.

The man is a decent enough runner, keeps himself in good nick (physically) and seeing a comment on FB about him smoking doesn't mean much. Was a photo with it?

He is a singer who badly damaged his main instrument when he shouldn't have abused it like he did.

For me, Jon can still do a little rasp here and there live but that's the most 'rock' we will get out of him.

As Matt said, Devils In The Temple was decent in the studio but live it was so underwhelming when he went for the outro. Same with 'russian hack by trade' from the performance of Blood In The Water. Yet, the outro to Luv Can live was decent enough. Mad.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
I agree, but to make a rock song he don't always have to rasp the voice or go too high. It's also about the band not sounding like generic pop.

I think there is the possibility of a very broad middle ground that they can work with and build very interesting rock songs.