View Single Post

Old 01-17-2018, 07:03 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Tonight was just Jon, brief but worth watching. He was ask if he could play but of course the band wasn't there so he will be back with the band tomorrow night. IMO that was planned from the start as the show billing on social media said tomorrow musical guests Bon Jovi early today.

Colbert said that probably was the most he had ever disappointed an audience when they realized Jon was not singing tonight.

There was one beeped out word at the start, I watched when televised but also have it recorded - if someone figures out what he said before I watch again. Something about the building.

The two new songs were mentioned briefly - actually more about them was in a linked article on twitter today. (The Wall - political and When We Were Us - about the band - per the article). No release date on the new songs but I am anxious to see the lyrics.

There was the congrats for the HOF and information about tickets going on sale for the tour. A touch on his meeting one of Colbert's band members and writing music - "Don't bore us get to the chorus." The only mention of Richie was Colbert bringing up how they met, apparently his 14 year old daughter was there and had a bit of a crush. He said to this day she still says that Richie was her first prom date. Apparently the party was thrown by Clive Davis and Jon very tactfully changed the subject to Clive.

Jon looked very good, but very typical Jon interview - mention the restaurants in Jersey, the hair, at Colbert's inquiry how to work your audience he told a brief story from the trip to Russia.

I'm not in order of discussion but you get the point - I'm sure most will soon see the telecast.