View Single Post

Old 01-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
The multi stadium days are definitely over. As far as the UK goes, they would play stadiums in London, Manchester, Bristol, Southampton, Coventry/Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle etc.. on the same tour. Even on the WAN tour, they did ok with the numbers despite doing many stadiums.

GnR come over and did a huge 2 nights at the Olympic Stadium and that was it. I know it's not comparible per se, but there's no reason why BJ couldn't do the same. It wouldn't be 5 or 6 stadiums, but 1 or 2 could easily do, be it both in London or 1 in London, 1 in Manchester for example.

Or they could play a few arena shows in the big cities. They'd do well (tickets would be pretty dear sadly) as they have quite often over-saturated the demand previously, so less is more in terms of this tour.

Edit: Having just finished the podcast, it does sound like the "No Stadiums" bit was in reference to NY/USA as opposed to anything else. There didn't seem to anything even remotely alluding to Europe or where these 30 shows would be.
According to what I've heard from the podcast, Jon rejected offers to play mid-2017 stadium dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Did he say 30 shows in March? or did I mishear that?
I'm pretty sure it's a 30-show tour starting March.