View Single Post

Old 11-24-2017, 10:10 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Crash View Post
He's 2/10 for me. Jon doesn't only have issues with his voice but also with his confidence and passion. But after the last leg, he's rejuvenated. The confidence was suprisingly high and same goes to the passion too. This is something that I haven't seen since RS left so my praises to Jon. But as I replay the performances during that SA leg, it's very clear that he's driving himself further. Yeah it's the last 2 shows anyway but it could lead to a very rapid decline if done more often. He's still struggling to sustain high and long notes without cracking his voice. But I really hope that Jon will prove us wrong again nexy year because this is something that he's good at.

https://youtu.be/9CZ6vd7AqjI

This one is like a cheer up performance. Hearing him getting the crowd alive with the classic "Oh yeeeeaaaahhh" was damn painful. But Jon makes up for it by a lively and raspy second verse. AND THIS WAS BACK IN 2015.
Alright, kids - there we have another proof of Jon's vocal inconsistency. His voice is clearly still there, but his self-confidence needs work.

Speaking of that, I'd like to show you something that's - at least as far as I'm aware of - probably Jon's last consistent (+ good) vocal performance of any song in concert. It's not the Greenville '17 version of Always (which was definitely above expectations, but still not nearly as good as I would've hoped for based on the amount of positive reviews here), it's not the Sao Paulo '17 version of Bed Of Roses, it's not even the Milan '13 version of This Ain't A Love Song (which I once claimed it to be)... instead of those, it's this version of These Days:

https://youtu.be/VNtLjw1DKsM

I mean, this was in July 2013. How the hell Jon was able to hit shitloads of high B's perfectly on that song and then struggle his way through something like Captain Crash (a very easy song that he had quite a bit of trouble with back in mid-'13 already) is beyond me. It's really, really, really confusing.