View Single Post

Old 02-25-2013, 06:17 AM
The Distance

Default The Power Station Years:

Here is an album that I refer to as Jon's 3rd solo album. He shockingly performed some of these tracks at a fan club event a few years back which I think shocked a lot of people.

Is it sad to say that I actually enjoy most of these songs?

Jon and his cousin Tony have not had the best relationship after Jon's successes. "Tony Bongiovi is a record producer and recording engineer with expertise in Electrical & Acoustical Engineering. He helped to remodel an old building in Manhattan—once a power plant for Edison, and later a television studio—into the Power Station recording studio in 1977"

After Jon made it famous, Tony wanted money from Jon due to Tony giving him a job at the Power Station and because he allegedly financed and produced early demo recordings and paid for singing lessons. Jon said F you, I worked my balls off to get where I'm at and I owe you nothing. After several failed attempts to extort money from Jon, he released 20 songs on a few different compilations between 1997 and 1998 that contained recordings from the early 80's. Jon then sued Tony and an out of court settlement was reached.

My guess is that Jon purchased the complete rights to these songs from Tony because he never would have played them live in 2009, although he referred to these songs as a "bootleg"

Track Listing:
1."Who Said It Would Last Forever" - 4:01
2."Open Your Heart" - 3:46
3."Stringin' a Line" - 3:46
4."Don't Leave Me Tonight" - 4:53
5."More Than We Bargained For" - 3:49
6."For You" - 3:04
7."Hollywood Dreams" - 3:16
8."All Talk, No Action" - 3:29
9."Don't Keep Me Wondering" - 2:57
10."Head Over Heels" - 3:31
11."No One Does It Like You" - 4:14
12."What You Want" - 3:32
13."Don't You Believe Him" - 3:13
14."Talkin' in Your Sleep" - 4:20
15."Bobby's Girl" - 1:39
16."Gimme Some Lovin' Charlene" - 2:29
17."Don't Do That to Me Anymore" - 3:47
18."This Woman Is Dangerous" - 4:08
19."Maybe Tomorrow" - 3:32
20."Runaway" (instrumental) - 3:39

All songs written by John Bongiovi except "Who Said It Would Last Forever", "More Than We Bargained For" and "Hollywood Dreams" written by John Bongiovi and Jim Pooles. "Stringin' A Line" written by Ian Thomas and "Talkin' In Your Sleep" written by John Bongiovi and George Karakaglou

Note:
The song "Stringin' a Line" was written by Ian Thomas (Canadian musician), although it's credited as written by John Bongiovi on the packaging, this is inaccurate. Thomas would record and release his own version in 1981.

Musicians
Jon Bon Jovi - vocals, guitars, piano, percussion
Bill Frank - lead guitar
Charlie Mills - drums
Tom Pyle - keyboards, piano
Danny Skye - bass
Rick Sye - saxophone, organ