View Single Post

Old 04-25-2016, 08:28 AM
These Days

Great thread! Here's my list:
- Slippery When Wet as an album is overrated. Lots of amazing songs that made their career, but a few fillers as well. Not as perfect as it is sometimes made out to be.
- Any post 2000 album is better than 7800 and BJ
- Who Says You Can't Go Home is a great song; especially the duet version. I get why the snob 'purists' don't like it, but it's a great pop song and it was their last hit for a reason.
- HAND, the song, is not an IML clone
- HAND, the album, is also overrated here. Novocaine is a turd, I Am, Complicated, I Want To Be Loved are all lame. Wildflower is nice though.
- BOG, the album, while great vocal achievement by Jon, is very inconsistent and only has 3 great songs in there.
- Crush is underappreciated. It suffers for not being TD-quality and being released after 90s, but it was still better an almost everything they put out since.
- Lost Highway, the abum, is their best since These Days and probably their 3rd or 4rd best album. That's why I said "almost" in my previous point
- What's Left Of Me is their best song of the last 10 years.
- Bitter Wine and Open All Night (Bounce) are two of their best ballads, only a bit below Always and I'll Be There For You
- Jon is a lazy idiot for never making the effort to at least somewhat sustain his voice
- Richie is a tool for everything he did and said in the last few years
- As long as Jon sounds like this, they should never play another concert as Bon Jovi again, as it'd be too embarrassing for someone like me to get my band's name tarnished in front of my friends and casual fans in general. And don't give me the "if you don't like it, don't go to the shows" nonsense. That's what YouTube is for - everyone sees, knows, and hears everything.