View Single Post

Old 05-27-2017, 03:38 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
So one of my my sons got married last November - the son who is responsible for me being a Bon Jovi fan. The reception started with a Father /daughter dance by the Bride and her father. Then came the Mother/son dance which David had asked me earlier if was willing to do. I told him I would be honored to dance with him.

He had the band play Thank You For Loving Me. I have to say it was all I could do to keep it together. When I looked over at my husband he had tears pouring down his face. It was never one of my favorites but it has sure bumped up several notches.
Great story! At my wedding, I had them play Thank Your For Loving Me (though from the CD) too, at the beginning of the ceremony. I didn't think they would let the entire song play, more like the up to the first chorus or so, but they did. And everybody sat and listened Then at the wedding party, my best friend and I played You Got Me From Hello and I'll Be There For You (my wife's favorite BJ song) for her. Had a blast

Also got called up onto the stage (a couple of beers) later because nobody knew the lyrics to Rocking In The Free World. Thanks to the BJ cover I (kind of) knew them and belted them out as good as I could