View Single Post

Old 05-29-2017, 05:59 AM
Keep the Faith

I wish I found this thread sooner!

"Superman Tonight" is the first Bon Jovi song I really fell in love with, and remains one of my all-time favorites of theirs today. The Circle is by far my favorite album of theirs.

I also love all of the HAND album save "Novocaine" and "Last Cigarette". "Welcome to Wherever You Are", "Bells of Freedom", and "These Open Arms" are all in my BJ top 10.

"Bad Medicine" is in my opinion one of the worst songs they've written.

I really like "We Don't Run" and "We All Fall Down" (although the latter should be sped up more than a bit).

I also think that the entire WAN album is better than everyone says it is, and "Because We Can" is the worst song on said album.

I am not a fan of either of JBJ's solo albums, and love all three of Richie's.

I think "Tokyo Road", "In and Out of Love" and "Runaway" are extremely overrated. There are many superior songs on both of the pre-SWW albums.

I like the studio version of "I Love This Town", although I don't think it deserves as many live runs as it has gotten.

I prefer the original Crush version of "One Wild Night" over the 2001 version.

I think the TLFR version of "Born to Be My Baby" is far superior to the original version.

I really don't get why "Living With the Ghost" is widely considered one of the best off THINFS. There are many better songs on that album, such as "Born Again Tomorrow" and "I Will Drive You Home"

and now the most controversial of my opinions:
I think "Always" is greatly overrated. It's simply a Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey song with a guitar solo. "Bed of Roses", "I Want You", and "This Ain't a Love Song" are far superior.