View Single Post

Old 01-10-2020, 02:50 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccritic101 View Post
I don't think Jon will open up the vaults until he decides to officially retire the band for good,which I doubt he'll do anytime soon. Jon also said there will be box set coming out in a few years but I doubt it'll happen,besides if Jon really does decide to release a box set then he'll probably have all of Richie's backing vocals and guitar parts removed from the songs just so he doesn't have to share royalities with Richie,exactly what happned with Burning Bridges.
I don't see Jon going THAT far.

Is it true that Jon Richie's parts removed from BB? Saturday Nights Gave Me Sunday Mornings is confirmed, but wasn't the majority of it recorded AFTER the split? We Don't Run was new, Teardrop to the Sea was New, Blind Love and Fingerprints were supposedly from the Richie era but BL has no guitar in it.

Because Richie had no song writing credits on it and the way Shanks recorded the band back then I don't think Richie would have played on the songs at those stages of recording. But I also dont know how gussied up they were pre-release.