View Single Post

Old 01-14-2020, 01:59 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccritic101 View Post
I don't even see Jon releasing shows from the 2008-2011 era just because it'll make it obvious how much Jon's live vocals have gone down hill since then,why do you think he doesn't release any concerts from the band's prime years. Jon knows people will compare how he used to sound like in concert to what we have now.

Besides Jon has mentioned many times over the years,that he doesn't want the band to become a nostalgia act or a greatest hits band. The moment the band comes out with a DVD with shows from past tours, in Jon's mind he'll think the band has become a nostalgia act.
The band is CONSTANTLY putting out live material from the current tour on Youtube. If he was that worried about people knowing his voice has gone downhill I don't think any would be coming out. Releasing past tours shows him in better shape and probably makes the band sound better too. Not that I think it'll happen.