Thread: These Days
View Single Post

Old 12-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlochty View Post
The question I keep asking myself is: How can a band write and record a song like Something To Believe In AS WELL AS writing and recording such lyrical and musical rubbish like We Got It Going On? (this being only one of a view examples, and yes I know it gets crowds going)
one of the things i love about Jovi is they aren't unidimensional. I love diversity, and to some extent, i find that in this band. TD is one of my favourite albuns by any artist, yet it's a dark gloomy album and i honestly can't imagine a show where only TD type songs are played. that would make me feel incredibly miserable this gloomy mood of the album is part of the appeal, like someone here said, but i believe it's also why so many people don't like it. you'd have to be in a certain state of mind to listen to it, IMO.

taking your examples, STBI is a very introspective song which pretty much represents the mood of most of the album. WGIGO is a party song which is not meant to be taken seriously, and is part of a much more laid-back easy-going album. not all songs have to have this serious aspect to it to be great songs. that's not saying they don't write junk songs and this is probably what you meant. they do and they have. i just don't think you can put songs like these 2 you referred in the same level.