Thread: These Days
View Single Post

Old 07-02-2020, 08:28 AM
Price of posting

Without doubt it’s one of their best. But I didn’t think that when released. I was 20 when it came out and I remember running down shop and getting Cd, sticking it on and was like..WTF have they done. I was so disappointed. Probably because I was listening to a lot of Pantera, White Zombie in 95 and Skid Rows Subhuman Race was heavier as well.
I remember loving hey god then it was followed by the poppy SFTP, then a ballad, the title track was slowish and then lie to me (which I used to hate) was another slow one. Damned picked it up then guitar lies bleeding was another slow one. It just didn’t get going like previous albums. It just seemed slow and dull to me.
But...as I’ve got older I really started to appreciate this album more now I’ve loved and lost, hit the bottom and them come up again I feel I can relate to the album 100% more.
It’s a grower over time for me as the last 10 years Ive really started to appreciate the album.
The b-sides at that time were great as well.
As I said ld lose diamond ring and replace with wedding day and although I can listen to SFTP I’d have preferred Prostitute or When she comes but it’s their last great album. Everything after has been hit and miss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo