Thread: These Days
View Single Post

Old 07-02-2020, 05:39 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Fair enough, but I wouldn't be running to the record store to buy a Bon Jovi album using Pantera and White Zombie leading my expectations. I mean, you had Keep the Faith and the Cross Road songs. What made you think These Days would not continue in that general direction? What made you think it would be heavy?

I was 14 at the time and have always listened to heavier music. Even then These Days was something rare. It was the one Bon Jovi album I could play for my friends (whether they were cruising on Metallica, Oasis, or the Spice Girls) and if they really listened to it they could not deny it was an awesome record.
They were what I was listening to at the time so I wasn't expecting an album like this from Jovi but it was totally different to what I had been listening to for 6 months/year.
To go from heavy songs to a slow paced album took some adjusting!
When me and mates piled in the car on a weekend they'd all say what we cranking on the journey tonight...these days wasn't an option for them. Whereas pantera, machine head, stp, white zombie, wild hearts and skid row were.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo