Thread: These Days
View Single Post

Old 07-02-2020, 11:03 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Interesting that he went for that record and not Crush which celebrated 20 years. It's surprising for me because he's always seemed not to care about this album.

This is the album I mention when I bitch about the current production. It's an absolute masterpiece in the way it sounds, the instruments just breathe the music into you. You can clearly hear everything not some messy noise.

When I discovered BJ in 2000 I liked to go the only local big music store where it was possible to listen to a few CDs begore you bought it. I remember thinking that tha TD was such a heavy record because of Hey God and unfortunately I only listened to the first track. So when saving up for my new BJ albums, I had TD as the last of the band's records on my list. And when I finally felt prepared (and had the money) and bought it, you can imagine how I was surprised to learn that the majority of the album are slow songs but none of them is power ballad. I loved to make mixes and my favourite one was to pick a big love ballad out of all the records. Love Lies wasn't the strongest start but I liked it, SIlent Night, Never Say Goodbye, I'll Be There For You, Bed Of Roses, Always and then there was no choice for me. This Ain't A Love Song started to quiet for me even though the choruses are more powerful. I remember that I liked Thank You For Loving Me better which logically was the next one in line. Bounce killed it for me anyway and HaND didn't make it better and with LH I was happy there was a ballad in the vein of This Ain't A Love Song actually

So that's my story with that album. It's one of those you need to find the right moment to strat loving for what it offers. It's amazing how the band evolved from Slippery or even Fahrenheit in ten years to These Days.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights