Thread: Thief Of Hearts
View Single Post

Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi 94 View Post
Anyone else keen on this? I really really like it, more recently than before however.

It is simple, but lyrically very strong. Low points are difficult to spot, in order to see how it ended up being a b-side/outtake, but maybe where Jon goes very low, seen more clearly when he struggles slightly when singing it live in November 2004. There are little moments of weakness admittedly, but overall I think it is a good song. Nice melodies and a little different for Jovi.

Would really like to hear it live, although I am aware that is almost certainly never going to happen
I like this one. In fact I like it much better than Last Man Standing... at least the This Left version. Had it been on This Left, it would have been one of the highlight.

It is very Tom Petty. In fact, the "hey baby" is very much like I won't back down. Maybe that is why I like it so much. If they had modeled more of Lost Highway or The Circle after old Tom Petty Songs, I'd probably like them a little bit more. Two story Town also reminds me of Tom Petty.... probably the similiar title to his One Story Town.... But anyway, yes, I like Thief of Hearts. It is not their best, but certainly not their worst.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...