View Single Post

Old 10-13-2018, 06:12 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I actually enjoyed Working Man when I first heard it on the album. The chorus has a punch than most of their other recent 'anthems' lack. And the opening Prayer-esque bass line was a nice touch I thought.

Live-wise, however, I felt it really suffered from dropping of the key. Transposing the key to make it easier a sing should be an exception not the rule, but Jon had developed a habit of doing it for every song, even those that would've been perfectly manageable in original tuning. I have no doubt that Circle-era Jon would've sounded just fine on it.

The choreography did not bother me actually, I always prefer some choreography than no choreography
This is an interesting point I'm trying to understand. I don't think it's a habit of doing it if it makes sense. Don't most bands who tune down half a step do it for the entirety of the show? Otherwise you're dealing with multiple guitar changes. Jon's voice couldn't handle an entire show in standard tuning and if half a step keeps him going, more power to it. Wouldn't be shocked if he pulled a Paul Stanley and went to D.