Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

THINFS Tour ProShots

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-12-2018, 05:10 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
Really? I could name a few dozen that rank much much lower in my opinion... To name a recent one: What. About. Now.
IMO, nothing is worse than WFTWM. Period. Full stop. Don't even have to think about it.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
IMO, nothing is worse than WFTWM. Period. Full stop. Don't even have to think about it.
Definitely not a song to be proud of, but for me it's Because We Can all the way. Can't stand that one.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Price of posting

Roller Coaster is in the same bag of shit as all those songs. It sounds so corny, it's embarrassing. Roller Coaster represents the worst face of Bon Jovi for me.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Jovi Freak

I like Work for the working man jajaj
I certainly wouldn't say "it's a beautiful song" like JBJ says... but I like it

Rdkopper, I'm not gonna respond to you lol
Old 10-12-2018, 10:08 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
I like Work for the working man jajaj
I certainly wouldn't say "it's a beautiful song" like JBJ says... but I like it

Rdkopper, I'm not gonna respond to you lol
The problem with Working Man is that it sounds and feels artificial, even when they played it live with that ridiculous choreography. And above all, at the time he was on tour, Bon Jovi raised his tickets scandalously, fans had to pay at the price of gold, which did not happen before. Also, that ripped bass line from Livin on a prayer felt so damned bad, without any inspiration.

Despite all these problems, it is not a song that I hate.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 10-12-2018 at 10:33 PM..
Old 10-12-2018, 10:29 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
The problem with Working Man is that it sounds and feels artificial, even when they played it live with that ridiculous choreography. And above all, at the time he left, Bon Jovi raised his tickets scandalously, fans had to pay at the price of gold, which did not happen before. Also, that ripped bass line from Livin on a prayer felt so damned bad, without any inspiration.

Despite all these problems, it is not a song that I hate.
I knew someone was going to talk about that choreography hahah, yeah it was really bad...
but he said he couldn't think in one more appropriate song in these trouble times...
but people take it in the whole opposite
I don't like the song THAT MUCH...
Old 10-12-2018, 11:32 PM
These Days

I actually enjoyed Working Man when I first heard it on the album. The chorus has a punch than most of their other recent 'anthems' lack. And the opening Prayer-esque bass line was a nice touch I thought.

Live-wise, however, I felt it really suffered from dropping of the key. Transposing the key to make it easier a sing should be an exception not the rule, but Jon had developed a habit of doing it for every song, even those that would've been perfectly manageable in original tuning. I have no doubt that Circle-era Jon would've sounded just fine on it.

The choreography did not bother me actually, I always prefer some choreography than no choreography
Old 10-13-2018, 12:59 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I actually enjoyed Working Man when I first heard it on the album. The chorus has a punch than most of their other recent 'anthems' lack. And the opening Prayer-esque bass line was a nice touch I thought.

Live-wise, however, I felt it really suffered from dropping of the key. Transposing the key to make it easier a sing should be an exception not the rule, but Jon had developed a habit of doing it for every song, even those that would've been perfectly manageable in original tuning. I have no doubt that Circle-era Jon would've sounded just fine on it.

The choreography did not bother me actually, I always prefer some choreography than no choreography
Like I said, I don't hate this one, but it's just simple and artificial. I do not usually listen to this song separately, but when I listen to The Circle as a whole, all the songs are work, even Working Man.

About the choreography, I do not agree. I think this song was perfect to sing it stop of the microphone, with his guitar, in front of his audience, maybe show some powerful images on the screen, and little else.

I would have liked to listen to Learn to Love live, on the circle tour, of course.

Good memories.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 10-13-2018 at 01:13 AM..
Old 10-13-2018, 01:22 AM
Jovi Freak

The Circle is better than What About Now. Period.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:00 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Definitely not a song to be proud of, but for me it's Because We Can all the way. Can't stand that one.
I have mixed feelings about Because We Can. I like the core of it; I just don't like the title or the bridge.

The verses take me back to Tommy and Gina. I'd like it for that, if nothing else. Except for the title at the end, I also like the chorus. There's a strong statement of self-respect in the desire to be seen as something special; as more than just "another" in a long line of something that gets lost in the crowd. Like, "I'm better than that; so I deserve better than that."

I don't wanna be another wave in the ocean;
I am a rock; not just another grain of sand.
I wanna be the one you call to when you need a shoulder.
I ain't a soldier; but I'm here to take a stand.

Unfortunately, I can't see how "because we can" has anything to do with what was said before it (verse or chorus). IMO, it sounds like it just got tagged onto the end to try and turn an otherwise good song into another "power of we" statement; and the repetition of "we can" in the bridge only reinforces that opinion.