View Single Post

Old 02-15-2019, 12:05 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysambo View Post
Yep, that was my point as well.

I think its gotta do with Jon's stranglehold on the creativity, he probably views the extended outros as just something to dance on stage during liveshows [reminds me of Live in London DVD where he went absolutely bananas on "Always"] or to engage the crowd with dual guitar moves ["Saturday Night", "Thorn"] or even to show his command over the well oiled machinery that the band is via timed hand movements ala music directors ["Keep the Faith"]. Maybe it was Richie/band being lazy at being assertive during the recordings. How awesome a song is "Flesh & Bone" with the amazing outro or the live version of "Any other day" with an extra Richie solo at the end. Contrast them with "Its my Life" where the repeated final chorus becomes a bit tedious to listen to.
Oh I 100% get that mate. That's why I'm saying that I'd like even half of the songs that I mentioned to just have them on solo stuff. That's what I listen too more (especially now) and I just think it'd bring a bit more 'creativity' as you said to the band.

I get that JBJ likes to walk around the stage and command the band and everything else but sometimes he just stands and watches or has a drink. Just be good to get some back.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...