Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

This House Tour

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 06-27-2021, 11:39 PM
james_d james_d is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 15 Mar 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_86 View Post
I remember thinking oh god no when the drum intro to Always started, I just thought Jon wouldn't be able to do it but he absolutely knocked it out of the park. The truly last great show I think, the crowd were absolutely fired up throughout the whole gig.

These Days from SP was fantastic, I go back to it quite often.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
Looking at Wembley, the Encore kinda could've done with something like Saturday night after Always, but I'm not complaining. Was a magical night, as much as some people can't accept that others still enjoy shows.
__________________
'It ain't no fun lying down to sleep
And there ain't no secrets left for me to keep'
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 06-27-2021, 11:46 PM
James_86's Avatar
James_86 James_86 is offline
Senior Member
Hardest Part is the Night
 
Join Date: 18 Feb 2013
Location: Wisbech, England
Age: 35
Gender: male
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
Looking at Wembley, the Encore kinda could've done with something like Saturday night after Always, but I'm not complaining. Was a magical night, as much as some people can't accept that others still enjoy shows.
Yeah I agree. I just kind of assumed at the time Jon was physically done as it felt a little short and sweet.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
__________________
MK Bowl '01 - Old Trafford '03 - Hyde Park '03 - City of Manchester Stadium '06 - Twickenham '08 - o2 Arena '10 - Hyde Park '11 - Hyde Park '13

@JayChapperz
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-28-2021, 02:49 PM
james_d james_d is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 15 Mar 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_86 View Post
Yeah I agree. I just kind of assumed at the time Jon was physically done as it felt a little short and sweet.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
If you listen to Prayer, I'm pretty sure he was tbh
__________________
'It ain't no fun lying down to sleep
And there ain't no secrets left for me to keep'
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-28-2021, 05:57 PM
BJFan99 BJFan99 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 11 Apr 2016
Location: Finland
Gender: male
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
If you listen to Prayer, I'm pretty sure he was tbh
Yeah, but then again, Prayer basically sounded like crap throughout the entire tour. Out of the "mandatory" hits Jon seemed to struggle the most with it, Bad Medicine and Have A Nice Day. Bad Name got quite rough near the end of the tour, but usually wasn't among the worst offenders, and on BTBMB and IML he usually sounded relatively decent.

However, to me, his strongest suit on this tour were, rather surprisingly, the big ballads. Always turned from patchy via even more patchy to total dog shit by the end of the tour, but for the most part I kept being impressed how solid he sounded on BOR and IBTFY. I mean, just listen to this Roses performance - pretty damn good for a man with a completely shot voice, huh?

https://youtu.be/TXxBb9QIfVM?t=71
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-28-2021, 06:45 PM
james_d james_d is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 15 Mar 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Yeah, but then again, Prayer basically sounded like crap throughout the entire tour. Out of the "mandatory" hits Jon seemed to struggle the most with it, Bad Medicine and Have A Nice Day. Bad Name got quite rough near the end of the tour, but usually wasn't among the worst offenders, and on BTBMB and IML he usually sounded relatively decent.

However, to me, his strongest suit on this tour were, rather surprisingly, the big ballads. Always turned from patchy via even more patchy to total dog shit by the end of the tour, but for the most part I kept being impressed how solid he sounded on BOR and IBTFY. I mean, just listen to this Roses performance - pretty damn good for a man with a completely shot voice, huh?

https://youtu.be/TXxBb9QIfVM?t=71
What I find so bizarre about BOR being one of Jon's best songs these days, is that it really wasn't the case back when his voice was far better in 2008-10, of course relatively speaking. It was one of the songs that was incredibly nasal, and became almost unpleasant by the end of 2013.
__________________
'It ain't no fun lying down to sleep
And there ain't no secrets left for me to keep'
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-28-2021, 09:05 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 6,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
It was one of the songs that was incredibly nasal, and became almost unpleasant by the end of 2013.
I'd be hard pressed to find songs that weren't unpleasant by the end of 2013. Ah the good ol' nasal days
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-29-2021, 02:43 PM
liljovi93's Avatar
liljovi93 liljovi93 is offline
Senior Member
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 27 Mar 2007
Location: Liverpool
Age: 28
Gender: male
Posts: 12,113
Send a message via MSN to liljovi93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
What I find so bizarre about BOR being one of Jon's best songs these days, is that it really wasn't the case back when his voice was far better in 2008-10, of course relatively speaking. It was one of the songs that was incredibly nasal, and became almost unpleasant by the end of 2013.
It had its moments but Frankfurt 08 version of Bed Of Roses is fantastic, in my opinion.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
__________________


Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!


Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-29-2021, 03:08 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 6,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
It had its moments but Frankfurt 08 version of Bed Of Roses is fantastic, in my opinion.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Frankfurt, for my money, definitely was the most passionate performance of the song since it's reintroduction the same year. I remember later that year, on some radio show, Jon mentioned the special moments when he manages to "rip his heart out" during a ballad at a show and specifically recited Bed of Roses from that show.
At the show, I first thought "oh well", 'cause it really isn't my favourite ballad and the "I got nothing to prove..." part had become lackluster for most parts after the middle of 1993, but he really went for it and it was a great rendition!
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-30-2021, 12:19 AM
Butters's Avatar
Butters Butters is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 17 Oct 2006
Age: 35
Gender: male
Posts: 2,074
Default

BOR from the Crush DVD is absolutely epic.
__________________
These days the stars seem out of reach
But these days there ain't a ladder on these streets
These days are fast, love don't last in this graceless age
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.