Thread: This House Tour
View Single Post

Old 06-28-2021, 06:45 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Yeah, but then again, Prayer basically sounded like crap throughout the entire tour. Out of the "mandatory" hits Jon seemed to struggle the most with it, Bad Medicine and Have A Nice Day. Bad Name got quite rough near the end of the tour, but usually wasn't among the worst offenders, and on BTBMB and IML he usually sounded relatively decent.

However, to me, his strongest suit on this tour were, rather surprisingly, the big ballads. Always turned from patchy via even more patchy to total dog shit by the end of the tour, but for the most part I kept being impressed how solid he sounded on BOR and IBTFY. I mean, just listen to this Roses performance - pretty damn good for a man with a completely shot voice, huh?

https://youtu.be/TXxBb9QIfVM?t=71
What I find so bizarre about BOR being one of Jon's best songs these days, is that it really wasn't the case back when his voice was far better in 2008-10, of course relatively speaking. It was one of the songs that was incredibly nasal, and became almost unpleasant by the end of 2013.