View Single Post

Old 05-23-2023, 08:34 PM
Breakout

Given how poor/disjointed/random the live album was, it would have probably been a better package if TLFR had come along with OWN...likely today, but more money for separate releases would have no doubt been demanded back then!

As a separate album, I've barely listened to it and certainly not since then, but this thread has inspired me to dig it out! Hey - it's really okay. It makes sense in its own way. It's a complete album at least. I think the arrangements are really decent, and I think it's quite contemporary, even now...certainly more than anything for a decade! Most of the songs take on a different feel altogether, so with repeated listens, you could actually think of them that way. That's an achievement - rather than you just hearing them as slowed down/acoustic/with strings etc.

I reckon it suffered for being released at that time - probably too early and when there was too much other material being released by the band. Most of that over abundance of material 2000-2005 was also nostalgic and looking backwards really, so this got overlooked.

I don't think much of IBTFY (and to a lesser extent Always) - fairly pointless, but seeing as the project was billed as Greatest Hits With A Twist, needed to be included, they probably saw it.

Thanks for pointing me back at it again!