View Single Post

Old 07-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomom View Post
I NEVER have that urge . . . never ever . . . never ever ever! At this very moment, I'm listening to a bootleg of the acoustic concert in Yokohama that was supposed to be released instead. Do you know how bitter that makes me? Sure Jon had a cold. Big fat hairy deal. It is still SO much better than those horrible cover versions they did of their own damn songs! I swear, if anyone else had done that, they should have been trying to figure out if there was some way they could sue.

And don't even bring up that lounge lizard version of Bed of Roses. Those of us in the U.S. got THAT version of BoR during the tour instead of the gorgeous real one. By the end of the U.S. leg, I was sitting down during that song in protest.

(Of course, in spite of all that hate, I still own 2 copies of TLFR. The first one that I bought before I knew I hated it, and the second one that I HAD to get because it came with a DVD that included a few songs from the Yokohama show. Oh, and I have the DVD from the Borgata, too, which somehow isn't quite as bad as the CD. Sheesh. "Sucker" is written on my forehead, isn't it?)
Listening to it now. I love this version. It can't compare to original of course...