View Single Post

Old 11-17-2003, 01:38 AM
Breakout

First off, I can say whatever I want. And the review of that show WAS wrong. I have tried to not tear the songs apart too much but you cannot be serious.....Bad Medicine as a syruppy ballad? It is a silly, corny pop metal song. When it is sung as a ballad the corny silly lyrics sound rediculous. The same with Bad Name. The only people who enjoyed that version were the old and/or fat women that got off on Jon shaking his ass for them. The song without that sucks. It's My Life is a powerful bombastic enthusiastic arena rock song. It is about someone who is going to go out and get what they can out of life and enjoy every moment, are you buying the lyrics as sincere when Jon is singing them like he is on heavy doses of pain killers. The songs do not work, especially live. The fan issues were not worked out for Saturday, I was at both shows. It was bad both nights and fans were not happy. You may have talked to dozens of fans, congrats on that. I saw HUNDREDS of heads shaking, people yawning, and NOONE in the sections I was in seemed to get whatever it was they were trying to do. I am happy for whoever enjoyed it, but there is no way you could be a fan of the Bon Jovi that I know and enjoy these songs. They are bad on the album, and worse live. I do not know what others had to pay for tickets, but I dropped 4 thousand dollars for the 2 shows and hotel and I got 20 songs per night? It was a joke and if this sort of music and performance continues they will be playing venues of that size regularly.