View Single Post

Old 11-17-2003, 12:42 AM
Dry County

2 totally different viewpoints. Interesting read. Thank you for posting your honest opinions. Hopefully other concert-goers will post more opinions.

I guess these 2 reviews show how most fans feel: they either love it or hate it. Hardly anyone gives this effort 3 stars. It's either 1-2 or 4-5.

I actually also thought that the band looked a bit uncomfortable during the webcast. Which is understandable because what they did here is extremely foreign to them and to us. They stretched their boundaries a lot here, broke their self-imposed limits. To the point of controversy whether they betrayed their roots. If I were them, I would feel uncomfortable.

I applaud them though. They finally didn't play it safe. The safe thing to do here would be put a standard accoustic record out. The only other Bon Jovi record that wasn't safe was These Days. All their other efforts were extremely safe. Always put out what people expected of them. No chances taken. Driven by a desire to play arenas and stadiums and make people happy, rather than by their own musical desires and persuasions.

I'm personally looking forward to this DVD. Hopefully they'll put it out. It's always interesting to see people stretching themselves to the point when they are actually hardly recognizable. I wanna have this DVD in my collection as soon as possible.