View Single Post

Old 02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Jovi Freak

Default Tom Cruise to sing Wanted in "Rock of Ages"

And you thought an animated Kurt Cobain singing to a Bon Jovi track on Guitar Hero was bad?

Quote:
Cruise to star in ‘Rock of Ages’
By WENN.COM

Tom Cruise has signed up to hit the high notes in the movie adaptation of stage musical Rock of Ages.

The Mission: Impossible star will play Stacee Jaxx in the film, and belt out Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive.

Matt Weaver, who co-created Rock of Ages, is thrilled with the casting: "He's got an awesome voice! He's got an awesome attitude.

"He's embracing it, he's getting into character, he's doing his research. He's ready to go back to 1986!"

Julianne Hough, Alec Baldwin, Anne Hathaway and Russell Brand are also reportedly in talks to join the cast.

Hough was among the stars who attended the opening night of the hit musical's run in Los Angeles on Tuesday. Zac Efron, Malin Akerman, Shannon Elizabeth, Carmen Electra and Mena Suvari were among the audience.
Source

Since when does Tom Cruise sing!? He would have to be one of my least favourite actors, along with Nicolas Cage. Blagh.

I'll definately be interested to watch the film though (I didnt know it was being adapted into a film!)... I've always been interested in seeing the broadway show but it's only coming to Melbourne in Australia.

Has anyone seen the broadway show?

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018