08] The Hardest Part Is The Night
07] In & Out Of Love
06] Silent Night
05] King Of The Mountain
04] To The Fire
03] Always Run To You
02] Price Of Love
01] Secret Dreams

This was my first Bon Jovi CD, if not my first CD ever... back in the summer of 1993. I have loved the album ever since, always brings back great memories. It offers some great music and lyrics, it is a very creative album and therefore much better than the a bit bland debut. I wouldn't be a fan if every album would sound like this and it's clear that they were on the search for their sound, but for what it is, I really connect to the album.

The top 3 is actually brilliant, and the rest is very solid stuff. The only song I never got into is "Secret Dreams", it's the worst BJ song for me - next to "She Don't Know Me", but that's not self-written.
Always liked "King Of The Mountain", cool chorus. Same goes for "Always Run To You" - it's mighty.

Towards "Silent Night" I always had ambivalent feelings. Around the same time I got the album I bought the bootleg from Cincinnatti 1987 with that 10 minute version, which I always thought was pretty cool, but the keyboard sound of the album version and the title track (come on, it's a christmas song!) always made it hard for me to take it serious. So when I'm thinking about the BJ ballads, I usually start with "Never Say Goodbye", but "Silent Night" is an overlooked gem. When I'm in the right mood, it's a powerful and really good track.