View Single Post

Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Livin' on a Post

I started liking To the fire and Run to you immensely when I realised how Cyberpunk-esque they are (if anyone is familiar with this scifi subgenre). To the fire is very techno-futuristic in the 80's sense of the word. It's probably the only song on the album where the horrible sound serves the song.
I'm amazed how underrated To the fire is on an album of this caliber. What drags the album down in my opinion is the sound, which is very round and flat. Too much delay, the snare has no punch and in songs like Silent night and Secret dreams the synth-sound is ridiculous. Comparing the sound of this album to Slippery, they're worlds apart. If it has something to do with their instruments and equipment being stolen mid-recording, that I don't know. The other thing is the lack of good lyrics. Most of the songs have no stories, no clever humor, no personality, just cliché rhymes.

10 In & Out of Love
9 Always Run To You
8 (I Don't Wanna Fall) To the Fire
7 The Price of Love
6 Tokyo Road
5 The Hardest Part Is the Night
4 Silent Night
3 Only Lonely
2 Secret Dreams
1 King of the Mountain