View Single Post

Old 05-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Jovi Addict

I promised I'd be ranking sooner this time, so here we go.
To me Keep The Faith is massive and right up there together with TD as my favourite Bon Jovi record. At the moment it even might be THE best one in my book. What it is that makes it such a damn addictive record to me? Well first of all the quality of the songs that were created during the KTF sessions is undeniable. If you take a look at the list of songs from the boxset there are so many high profile songs from those sessions that didn't make the record unfortunately. Radio, Taking it back, Miss 4th, Sympathy etc... And there probably lies the weak spot of the album: Some of the tracks that ended up on the record might be a bit weaker than others that were left off. What a monster this could have been! But although many are complaining that KTF gets considerably weaker in the second half I say it's still a pretty damn high standard there. It may come down to matters of taste in the end but to me this album is close to perfection in many ways.
Another strength of the album is the crystal clear and massive production by Bob Rock for example. Pretty much the best work the guy ever did and battling with TD over the best production on a Jovi record. And the KTF tour arguably saw some of the bands finest moments as a live act. I could go on like that forever but I should really try to rate the songs now

14pts] Keep the Faith
13pts] Dry County
12pts] Bed of Roses
11pts] I Believe
10pts] Starting All Over Again
9pts] In These Arms
8pts] Fear
7pts] Little Bit of Soul
6pts] I Want You
5pts] Blame it on the Love of Rock N Roll
4pts] Save a Prayer
3pts] I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
2pts] If I Was Your Mother
1pt] Woman In Love

It was a close one between KTF and DC, but DC will win in the whole thing anyway so I gave my top vote to KTF. There was a time when I really loved Mother, but it became a bit boring over the time. This and Woman in love were the only positions I was sure of, the others were quite hard to choose.

Last edited by Avantasian; 05-09-2012 at 03:31 PM..