View Single Post

Old 10-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Jovi Freak

12 pts: Born To Be My Baby
11 pts: Blood On Blood

These two are pretty much equal. BTBMB is a bit catchier and has a perfect solo, so it gets the nod, but BOB is more epic. They're both great songs.

10 pts: Wild Is The Wind
9 pts: I'll Be There For You

Same here. WITW gets the nod since I'm not as burnt on it, and the modulation is even cheesier (but works in the songs favor). All of the songs so far are 8,5+.

8 pts: Bad Medicine
7 pts: Stick To Your Guns

Stick To Your Guns is a great tune IMO, but it usually gets a pretty bad rep. Oh well. Bad Medicine is a classic, but the chorus melody is rather... it's uber-simple, really, which is why it works, but still.

6 pts: Love For Sale

5 pts: Living In Sin
4 pts: Homebound Train

Not sure which I prefer from these two. Love For Sale is better, but other than that, these are all fine, but not great tracks hoversing around the 7/10 mark.

3 pts: Lay Your Hands On Me
2 pts: 99 In The Shade

Lay Your Hands on Me takes too long to get started IMO. It might work live, but the studio version is... meh, it's not what I want from Bon Jovi. Not a bad song, but the album is filled with better tunes. 99 In The Shade is pretty much a filler, but it's fun.

1 pt: Ride Cowboy Ride

Well, it's just an into, pretty much. In the form of an intro it works, but as an individual song, it's the last place for me.

GREAT album by the way. The stuff up to 7 points could all possibly qualify for a self-made BJ best of - there's tons of strong songs on here.