View Single Post

Old 10-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
WITW gets the nod since I'm not as burnt on it, and the modulation is even cheesier (but works in the songs favor). All of the songs so far are 8,5+

99 In The Shade is pretty much a filler, but it's fun.
There is no modulation in WITW. There are no fillers on New Jersey

12] Blood on blood (surprise, surprise)
11] Born to be my baby
10] Bad Medicine
09] Homebound train
08] 99 in the shade
07] Lay your hands on me
06] I'll be there for you
05] Wild is the wind
04] Living in sin
03] Stick to your guns
02] Ride cowboy ride
01] Love for sale

Had to write 'em down quickly, just use that first instinct. The only way to do it

I remember sitting on the bus after picking up this album. I must've been 12 or something. I'd heard LYHOM and Bad Med before, and when Jon's count to Born to... began, I almost wet myself. The whole song was musical ecstasy, I had never heard something that excited me as much, the drive that song had... Anyway, killer album. Anyone with a half a brain should recognise the brilliance and creativity that has gone to the songwriting, producing and playing.

I have to add, that it's gonna be a shame how low Cowboy and Love for sale are going to end up, since the lack of these kinds of songs is one of the many things that has been disappointing in recent albums. The risk of putting a whole song (in bad quality)as an intro to Stick... and ending the album with a drunken live jam paid off. To me, at least.