View Single Post

Old 07-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Price of posting

Savvi - are you teasing me by leaving New Jersey so late!!!

As stated in the New Bon Jovi Album thread I didn’t get the hype of These Days. I like it but theres too many slow songs on it. Jovi got miserable. The US disliked it and this era was the bands biggest in the UK. The song Always helped them get a head of steam in the UK and on that back of that song and These Days they sold out 3 nights at Wembley Stadium. The first single from These Days spelt trouble for me. It could and should have been a statement of intent if they had released Hey God first. But they didn’t. They played it safe with the average TAALS (which compared to Always was so poor). Hey God was released as the band were winding down the tour and it was an afterthought. Something For The Pain was the 2nd single and again was average then the painful Lie To Me was released. Three really poor single choices.
These Days represents funny times in my life. I left a job I loved for a job I hated and split with my first ever girlfriend after 7 years together. I really didn’t need Jovi to be miserable and wanted a thumping album but I didn’t get it from Jon & Co. The album left me deflated. When I listen to it now it brings back those memories but I still think it’s not a great album. It was the start of their patchy albums. As great as Always was, everything after hasn’t been as consistent from the band. Enough of me going on here are my scores:

14. Hey God
13. Hearts Breaking Even
12. Damned
11. My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms
10. Something To Believe In
09. These Days
08. (It's Hard) Letting You Go
07. If That’s What It Takes
06. All I Want Is Everything
05. Bitter Wine
04. Something For The Pain
03. This Aint A Love Song
02. Lie To Me
01. Diamond Ring
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Last edited by steel_horse75; 07-24-2012 at 02:49 PM..