Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Unreleased Song Titles (Revisited)

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-08-2019, 08:02 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
... Jon playing Martin's role down to "he just happened to be in the same room" is quite over the top since, as I stated, the basic structure and melody clearly seems to be from him.
I absolutely can agree with that. My confusion comes from this:

Quote:
...they surely reached a (financial) settlement that allowed them not to list him and most likely made him tons of money as a countermove.
I don't have the album in front of me, but Max Martin is listed as a co-writer, along with Jon and Richie on ASCAP. Are you saying the liner notes on Crush don't credit him?
Old 02-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianoizar View Post
Hello friends
I'm not very active in the forum but I always follow and I find the information and opinions published here excellent. Congratulations to all of you!
I read that some members commented on never having heard a demo or pre-production version of "It's My Life", I have a version and would like to share it with everyone.
As a while ago I uploaded another song and blocked my post for fear of linking with viruses, this time I put it on youtube.
Hope you like it.
I would like to thank and thank Yovana for sharing some of her rarities with us.
Thank you very much
Hope you like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdB...ature=youtu.be
I liked it! thanks a lot
Old 02-08-2019, 08:52 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
I don't have the album in front of me, but Max Martin is listed as a co-writer, along with Jon and Richie on ASCAP. Are you saying the liner notes on Crush don't credit him?
Crush doesn't give any (co)writers, just "all songs published by... except...". No lyrics either.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:11 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
- I think he gave the band an almost finished song: beat, basic structure, melody etc. were all delivered to them. Of course, they surely added the talk box, the Tommy and Gina reference and the line "like Frankie said 'I did it my way!'", but other than that it was Martin's work. Simple reason: the song represents nothing else they did in that era (or in the years prior to that) and feels greatly unconnected to the rest of Crush. At the same time, it's strikingly similar to many hits from other bands in the few years prior mentioned above.
This is what happened indeed.

The death of Bruce Fairbairn wasn't the only reason why the comeback was delayed though, the album lacked a serious hit. The record company rejected Sex Sells just like they've rejected the first version of Bounce and then the first edition of Have A Nice Day as well.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 02-08-2019, 11:01 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
I'd like hear "Skin Deep"
me too.

I would love to listen to all those tapes. It would be crazy.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:11 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
The record company rejected Sex Sells just like they've rejected the first version of Bounce and then the first edition of Have A Nice Day as well.
None of the newly added song to HAND became singles, though. Curiously enough, Max Martin WAS brought back, wasn't he? Complicated was from the second batch of songs, wasn't it?

Also, as far as I remember, the band initially wanted to go in a different direction than IML, but Max Martin said he wanted them to do a song like the ones that had made him become a fan. Of course, whether that meant that "come on guys, let's do this idea I've got in stock" or if they then went at it together - who knows. But the songs has MM's fingerprints all over them.

Any way, his invovlement was never a secret, still. Plus they went to ANOTHER frequent boyband writer, Andreas Carlsson, for Bounce. (Everyday sounds quite a bit like N'Sync's Bye Bye Bye, just saying.)

Last edited by Alphavictim; 02-09-2019 at 01:18 AM..
Old 02-09-2019, 01:27 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
None of the newly added song to HAND became singles, though. Curiously enough, Max Martin WAS brought back, wasn't he? Complicated was from the second batch of songs, wasn't it?

Also, as far as I remember, the band initially wanted to go in a different direction than IML, but Max Martin said he wanted them to do a song like the ones that had made him become a fan. Of course, whether that meant that "come on guys, let's do this idea I've got in stock" or if they then went at it together - who knows. But the songs has MM's fingerprints all over them.

Any way, his invovlement was never a secret, still. Plus they went to ANOTHER frequent boyband writer, Andreas Carlsson, for Bounce. (Everyday sounds quite a bit like N'Sync's Bye Bye Bye, just saying.)
Complicated was first batch. And good point about the new songs. Story of my life, Last Cigarette are pretty poppy but it's not like the single choices of the album changed.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Livin' on a Post

how many times I sung Larger than Life listening to IML just because they sound the same hahahah
Keep The Faith
Bounce
Lost Highway
This House Is Not For Sale
Crush
The Circle
Bon Jovi
7800º Fahrenheit
Have A Nice Day
Burning Bridges
What About Now
Old 02-09-2019, 06:10 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
(Everyday sounds quite a bit like N'Sync's Bye Bye Bye, just saying.)
I'm so mad you pointed this. I thought it was insane until I listened to it last night. I for sure hear it and can't unhear it.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I'm so mad you pointed this. I thought it was insane until I listened to it last night. I for sure hear it and can't unhear it.
Same here