View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 05:35 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Has Jon really "overused" his voice more than Bono, Bryan Adams, Steven Tyler, Roger Daltrey and many others? I don't know, but my guess is no.
My guess is yes. With every world tour you can hear a decline in Jon's voice. He starts weak, gets stronger after about 20 shows, grows confidence and overdoes it, and halfway through the tour a decline sets in. It's been like this for over 20 years now. If your voice is going through a decline it's a clear sign either the amount of shows isn't doing you any favors or the set you're doing doesn't work for your voice.

Again to come up with another car analogy, I can drive my old Mercedes to the max every day and have it fixed every few months but eventually the engine will break down because I'm not using it the way it's meant to be used. Jon can have all the vocal warm ups and downs he wants, it's what he does in between that's causing the damage. And the artists you mention all have or had serious vocal problems. They've just dealt with it differently.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan