View Single Post

Old 12-19-2018, 04:01 AM
The Distance

Interesting! Although I never thought about the year it was written, I always (no pun) wondered if the song was reworked to just fit the movie.

I mean, aside from the first line, the song has NOTHING to with the movie so I definitely don't think it was written from a script like the Blaze songs were.

As great as the song is, that opening line seems a little forced and out of place but because it was for the movie Romeo Is Bleeding, I just accept it for that. "This Romeo Is Bleeding, but you can't see his blood" IMO is the weakest part of the song and doesn't really fit the next part which is Jon singing about himself.

Just like BOR, it's like another Jon confession. "Sitting here wasted and wounded" "Now I can't sing a love song, like the way it's meant to be. Well, I guess I'm not that good anymore but baby, that's just me"

Is Romeo Is Bleeding about a rock star who can't deliver a song anymore?

Strictly going off my memory but around 1993 ish, I remember sitting in my car getting ready to leave work and listening to Jon being interviewed. He said that he's got a bunch of movie songs in the works and was specific to one being in a new Tom Cruise film (of which I never figured out to this day). I do remember being disappointed that none of those songs came out because I was waiting for them.

Looking back, we got:

-Good Guys from The Cowboy Way
-Always from Romeo Is Bleeding
-Gotta Have A Reason from The Three Musketeers
-The Tom Cruise Movie (Maybe The Firm or Interview With A Vampire)
-and maybe a few others?

Last edited by Rdkopper; 12-19-2018 at 05:18 AM..