View Single Post

Old 05-29-2017, 12:27 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
This bothers me quite a bit and it's exactly why I argue that Jon belongs in those "best singer" conversations. Because you used George Michael as an example who is constantly in those conversation (rightfully so) and yet, I believe Jon had a better range in his prime! As amazing as George Michael was, I've seen several of his live performances and I don't think he would be capable of doing this live, for example:

https://youtu.be/64W62ZXgEQU?t=5m14s

But hey, that's partly Jon's fault as well. If he ever learnt to sing in a sustainable way, he could've maintained most of his range and perhaps the history books (and all those media ratings of all time vocalists, etc.) would've been much kinder to him, because longevity contributes a lot when it comes to perception. And as a prime time vocalist, Jon had very little of it, despite great longevity as a performer in general.

I absolute love the "An Evening With Bon Jovi" concert. In my opinion, Jon has never sounded better. I can't believe how great his voice is after the Slippery/New Jersey era where he really abused it.

I wonder how he was able to sound so good in 1992? Did he do something special or did he recover naturally because of his youth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk