View Single Post

Old 05-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Dry County

Default What a lottery winner would do!!!!!!

Dreamers' $50m rushArticle from: Sunday Herald SunFont size: Decrease Increase Email article: Email Print article: Print Stephen Drill

June 01, 2008 12:50am
MORE than four million punters are expected to rush for a chance at winning $50 million in the nation's biggest lottery draw.

Players are consulting clairvoyants, joining syndicates and sticking to the tried-and-true family birthday system as they try to work out how to win the ocean of cash in Thursday's Powerball.

Dreams of paying off the mortgage, travelling overseas, buying new cars and never working again were running through the heads of Powerball fans as they put in their entries yesterday.

And stressed families, paying $1.60 a litre for fuel and struggling to put food on the table because of surging grocery prices, are buying tickets in huge numbers.

Warrnambool mother-of-four Debbie Brooks said yesterday she would fly around the world to watch Jon Bon Jovi concerts if she won the $50 million jackpot.

"I would just go to every concert they put on," she said.

Tram driver Frank Darmanin would spread the money around and set up his "kids for life".

Wally Zielaskowski, of Ascot Vale, would put his winnings in the bank and live off the interest.

Queues stretched out the door at outlets ahead of last week's $40 million Powerball draw, which had more than two million entries but no division one winners.

Newsagents are putting on more staff to cope with an expected 60 per cent jump in business.

"Times are tough out there and people are nervous," said Jaynie Saunders of Frankston's Beach St Newsagency.

The Sunday Herald Sun can reveal a psychic claims to have unlocked the key to winning the pot of gold. Clairvoyant Abbey Rose predicted the winning combination: 3, 22, 18, 38, 41 with the Powerball of 11.

"In numerology 11 and 22 are power numbers," she said.

"Most people have lucky numbers, it could be your birthday, you house number. Numbers are really defining."

Would you do the same?

Now Tom said "Mom, wherever there's a cop beatin' a guy
Wherever a hungry newborn baby cries
Where there's a fight 'gainst the blood and hatred in the air
Look for me Mom I'll be there
Wherever there's somebody fightin' for a place to stand
Or decent job or a helpin' hand
Wherever somebody's strugglin' to be free
Look in their eyes Mom you'll see me."