View Single Post

Old 06-14-2020, 09:24 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
If it's not a debate, then there isn't much to discuss here... There were only 5 band albums to date. Picking the songs is nothing more than a process of elimination.

During the crossroads radio promos, the double album thing came up all the time... Sure they could have filled it especially with new songs and another rework but the record company said no...

Thanks to Always, they are probably kicking themselves for not doing a double CD.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Yeah I didn't make the tracklist because I felt that Crossroad should have been a double disk album. But it could have been. So I tried to come up with what I think could have made the album.
I've expected us here to discuss the tracklist

I must say that I really enjoy listening to it. 30 songs that represent their peak. On the other hand, if I were to pick songs 30 songs from 1984 to 1994 to introduce Bon Jovi to new listeners, I'd have picked different songs and not alomost strictly singled. Generally, I think that a ompilation album should be a double disc when the first disc are the greatest hits -> the most successful singles over some time period (that means skipping some to have the chance to introduce the whole time period) and the second disc should be the best of -> fan favourites, band favourites, live staples, not necessarily commercial songs.
And as I've already mentioned, I'd go for such album after These Days.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights