View Single Post

Old 06-14-2020, 06:16 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Yeah, it didn't need to be a double album, I know. The idea just came to me when I was listening to the third London 1995 show (which is soon going to be 25 years old!) and Richie did Stranger there and they did Good Guys two days before and that reminded me of that interview with Jon saying that they had so many hits and songs to put there that they had to leave out some of them and that he hated it.
That's true. I've heard/read a number of times how Jon wanted "Stranger in this Town" on Cross Road (though I would have gone with "Ballad of Youth" personally) and other Bon Jovi hits like BtBMB would have been worth including somehow. But like I say, there has to be some incentive to go back and buy the previous albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
The Deluxe Sound & Vision is crap - it's a weird collection of songs from different eras. It doesn't make any sense.
You're right, it's a weird collection and I probably wouldn't have used that exact tract list for a 2nd disc of rarities back in 1994. Three of those tracks didn't exist back then for a start. But perhaps include tracks from the 80's that weren't available or hard to find on CD by then.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.