Thread: What if....
View Single Post

Old 04-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I think the dates the official list had are wrong. Some sound dead on but Out of Bounds would have been recorded pre Slippery, for the movie Out of Bounds which came out in 86. They also listed Ordinary People as being for These Days even though it's a Crush Bside and relies very heavily on Shawn Mullin's Lullaby, which they even mentioned in the box set dvd. That song came out in the late 90's so again, that date can't be right.

It's all a guessing game I guess. I'd like to say the trend of blurring the line between band and solo came from the Crush B-sides but including Drive as a b-side for the Destination Anywhere singles started that I guess. Someday just might be....and I Get A Rush (to me) both fit the Crush vibe so well, the first one especially.
You're much more educated than I am it's always been a guessing game. So what's your guess about River Runs Dry?

We still have enough songs to fill three groups - Jon's Sex Sells, band's Sex Sells/new album and Crush. With obviously a few of them belonging to all three. However let's say the same amount of songs is there for Jon solo and then maybe a little less for the band album (co-written with Richie) that didn't make Crush.

I can't believe that Stay didn't make Crush what a song. They probably didn't want to have two big ballads about love and relationships on the album but still..
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights