Thread: What if....
View Single Post

Old 04-05-2017, 06:04 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
You're much more educated than I am it's always been a guessing game. So what's your guess about River Runs Dry?

We still have enough songs to fill three groups - Jon's Sex Sells, band's Sex Sells/new album and Crush. With obviously a few of them belonging to all three. However let's say the same amount of songs is there for Jon solo and then maybe a little less for the band album (co-written with Richie) that didn't make Crush.

I can't believe that Stay didn't make Crush what a song. They probably didn't want to have two big ballads about love and relationships on the album but still..
I think Jon and Richie wrote so many new songs it didn't make sense to go back to the well of tracks Jon demoed before the reunion. My guess of River Runs Dry was AFTER D.A but before Crush/Sex Sells. I know the pedal steel was added in 2004. I often wonder what else was overdubbed other than what was shown in the making of videos.

EDIT: I just found the interview online. Really insightful about the box set.

Last edited by Captain_jovi; 04-05-2017 at 06:11 PM..